Die Casting & Die Cast Parts
During the die casting process, molten metal is forced into a mold cavity under high pressure. The molds, also called dies, are made from non-ferrous metals such as zinc and aluminum. Manufacturers generally use die casting for high-volume production, especially for small to mid-sized castings. Die cast parts are ubiquitous, from everyday consumer objects such as sink faucets and steering wheels to industrial parts such as pneumatic nailers.
Manufacturers worldwide turn to Trident Components for their die casting needs.
Advantages of Die Casting:
Suitable for a range of metal alloys, die casting has the following advantages:
- Produces complex parts to net shape, reducing secondary machining
- High-speed production compared to other manufacturing processes
- Die cast parts are durable and have a long service life
- Produces components with attractive, high-quality surface finishes
- Produces a broad range of shapes and surface textures
- Casts thinner walls than sand and permanent mold casting
- Simplifies the assembly process by integrating fastening elements
- Die cast parts are dimensionally stable, maintaining accurate tolerances
Affordable Tooling Services:
Price is a challenge in die casting, particularly for tooling. Trident Components has gone to great lengths to make our services affordable for smaller manufacturers. We are proud to offer tooling around 10% of the cost of our competitors. In addition, we offer piece part prices 10-20% below the competition.
Just-in-Time Die Casting Manufacturing:
手机真人app下载安装 At Trident Components, we have warehousing available for weekly, monthly and quarterly deliveries. We also offer services for just-in-time (JIT) manufacturing. For JIT inventory processes, we have presses available to be put into production at a moment’s notice.
Trident allowed us to enter a market place that we normally, due to expensive tooling and molds, would never have been able to enter. The combination of inexpensive die cast and stamping tooling and much less expensive die castings and stampings has given us a competitive edge in our industry.
-Mark K. Fortune 500 Engineer